2020_PetiteCitéCaractere_PaysChâteaugironTOURISME_Châteaugiron (79)

Eglise Sainte Marie-Madeleine

Historical sites and monuments, Church, Listed or registered (CNMHS) in Châteaugiron
  • This former chapel of Chateaugiron castle, composed of a single nave is attributed to the 11th century. From the Roman era, the present building has preserved the choir apse and part of the south wall of the nave. A private oratory was installed against the north wall of the choir for use by the Lords of Châteaugiron, today destroyed. In 1718 the south and west walls of the nave were rebuilt. The architect A. Tourneux carried out interior fittings in the 19th and 20th century. This church...
    This former chapel of Chateaugiron castle, composed of a single nave is attributed to the 11th century. From the Roman era, the present building has preserved the choir apse and part of the south wall of the nave. A private oratory was installed against the north wall of the choir for use by the Lords of Châteaugiron, today destroyed. In 1718 the south and west walls of the nave were rebuilt. The architect A. Tourneux carried out interior fittings in the 19th and 20th century. This church has a 16th century crucifix and statues from the 17th and 18th century by the Gourdel brothers.
Close